Respect Starts with Us
The board of education must lead the way in creating a district where parents are trusted, community input is respected and all staff feel valued.
Diversity of Thought is cultivated which leads to inclusion and opens the mind to appreciating differences.
What I accomplished:
- Encouraged parents and community members to join committees such as DAAC (District Advisory Accountability Committee) to increase stakeholder input.
- Promoted parents and community members to volunteer in the classroom to provide much needed assistance with students.
- Advocated for the superintendent to partner with board members and present to various communities and organizations in the district.
- The steadfast voice on the school board who supports parents partnering with staff to collaboratively focus on individual student learning needs.
What I will continue to advocate for:
- The BOE sets high standards and expectations for the district which the superintendent is responsible and accountable for implementing.
- Respect for parental rights and authority starts with the BOE accepting that parents determine what is best for their child in and out of school.
- Community Forums | Listening Sessions are an opportunity to engage and understand concerns and collaborate to find a solution.
Accept that the BOE nor the staff have all the answers. Every question asked opens the door to the possibility of making the district better!!